- Pathing - Created AI which can navigate cluttered levels and play the game entirely on their own
- Unity - First large project using the Unity Game Engine
- Teamwork - Worked with 4 other people
- Analysis - A goal of this project was to take an outside prospective on what the game should be rather than just hammering out something runnable.
- Research - Had to dig into dicom images and stand alone viewers to see what could be realistically added to an online viewer.
- Training - Created many supporting materials and training videos for both Windows and Linux work environments.
- Teamwork - Worked with 13 other people
- Large project - First completed and released project
- Power Management - Game suspension and mindfulness over resource consumption
- Touchscreen - Supports multi-touch controls in addition to usual scrolling gestures and tapping for menus
- One Platform/Many Platforms:
- Supports Android 2.8 and up
- First time that one build required multiple test platforms
- First time fixing platform-specific bugs on devices I could not access
- LibGDX - Second project using the framework
- Realized the necessity of keeping platform specific code separate
(e.g. Thread safe data structures for Android vs. common data structures GWT can translate)
- Web Server - Created small web server to provide access to HTML5 clients
- WebSockets - Used WebSockets to allow communication with the HTML5 client
- Gradle - First time working with Gradle's syntax
- Vector Math - Movement system changes pull point based on player location
- Pathing - Created AI for an ingame deer to move its way around a map
- Serious Gameplay - Created with an intention to teach and relieve real world stress.